Head down

The verdict is in....Rainey is in position, facing head-down! Of course, she still has a slight chance of shifting, but for now, it is just another all-systems-go sign that a VBAC is still a viable option.

I went in for my 30-week checkup this morning, and Dr. Hearn took me in for a quick ultrasound. What he thought was her head right next to my left ribcage was actually her rump....and her head was down-facing, her little eyes closed in slumber, her little fist clamped tight, resting on her cheek. Oh, how I wanted to hold her in my arms at that moment! For some reason, the waiting is harder the second time around. I can't wait until she's here!

My wonderful friend Suzanne is throwing me a baby shower next Thursday....I didn't expect one, so this is a real treat. Still, I'm going to hold off on opening any packages and ripping off any tags until after my final, big ultrasound in two weeks...just to make sure she's a "she."

Still no definite decision on the VBAC yet, but I'm leaning more that way than the c-section route now. Dr. Hearn jokingly said today, "Looks like you're winning right now," meaning that he is pretty sure I'm thinking of going for it. We'll see how things change, if at all, in the next few weeks. I will keep everyone updated of my psychological and emotional journey to reach my final decision....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overrated

First little scare (blown out of proportion by yours truly)

We've decided