Outgrown

I've had to set aside some of my maternity pants this week....right on schedule, my 1st-2nd trimester pants as well as some of my smaller-sized below-the-belly pants have had to resort to shelf-sitting for the duration of the pregnancy.

It seems as if overnight my hips have widened. Maybe Rainey's getting into position....or maybe all of that back pain and hip pain has done its job.....expanded me enough. I can also tell that my body is hoarding the fat that it has stored. I just got on the scales a minute ago, and I have evidently gained about 19 lbs. so far (yikes! That seems like a lot.) It seems like I'm eating less (though I'm probably not) due to less room in my tummy...yet my legs and hips are getting more "curvy" than they used to be.

I remember this with my first pregnancy, and I didn't like it one bit. I try to think about the fact that my body needs to do this in order to store up for a long haul of breastfeeding (at least 6 months is my goal this time around)....but still, it's difficult to swallow when you feel like a barge....or when you throw that glance toward your reflection in the mirror and say, "Oh, my."

Still, I'm sticking out way more than I'm widening. Rainey has assumed a basketball shape, much like Gardner, and I am having to throw my back in an unhealthy arch to support all the weight coming from my frontside. It's really eye-opening when I see my abdomen in its bare form. It almost seems nonexistent until I see it starting blatantly at me....it's not hard to miss anymore!

Gardner's fast losing his ability to snuggle close when we sit in the rocking chair together. He's forced to either sit beside me, resting his head under my arm, or lay in my lap, arching backwards so his head will somehow, hopefully, rest on my chest above my huge belly. I wonder if he wonders what the deal is.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overrated

First little scare (blown out of proportion by yours truly)

Room for you