Big decision

My 28-week checkup was yesterday, even though I'm nearly 30 weeks thanks to postponement due to vacation and then a holiday! I have gained up to 22 lbs., and I measure (well, Rainey measures) exactly on target. My blood pressure is still pleasingly low (110/68), and for that, I'm thankful. If it can remain that low with the amount of stress I've been feeling lately, I doubt I have to worry about it at all.

I entered this visit with a barrage of questions about a VBAC. Dr. Hearn patiently listened and discussed them with us for at least 30 minutes....how valiant! Especially when I didn't make a separate appointment for this consultation of sorts. All in all, it all comes down to the fact that it's a decision that I (with Ken) am going to have to make. Starting at 34-35 weeks, Dr. Hearn will start to assess the physical probability of whether a VBAC will work (i.e., how big the baby is forecasted to be), and then I can make a more informed decision. Lots to think about....still more to read....even more searching for people who've done it with success.

I cannot believe, all in all, though, that in ten or so weeks, we'll be holding baby Rainey at last in our arms. It's moving along so quickly, it's overwhelming. We're getting excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overrated

First little scare (blown out of proportion by yours truly)

Room for you