New to me

So, I had this little unexplained pain in my lower back last Tuesday while out shopping with Gardner. I passed it off as lifting too many boxes the day before as I'd been working to further clear out our garage. Three hours later, the pain finally subsided. Vanished as suddenly as it appeared.

Gone for good, I thought....just a one-time incident? Not quite. Today, it hit me again, this time on the other side of my back and tailbone. Two o'clock rolled around, and I was good for nothing but lying down on the couch, flipping back and forth, trying to find a way to make it stop. I wondered for a brief second whether or not it could be Braxton Hicks this early. Nope....it wouldn't be only on one side, would it?

A call to a friend and two hours later, I realized that another fear was realized....it is sciatic nerve pain. Though medical research disputes it, most doctors say that a baby can turn in certain ways during the latter parts of pregnancy to put pressure on the sciatic nerve, creating either pain or numbness in the lower back and down one leg. Oh, yes, that's what this was. I didn't know how it felt because I never experienced it with my first pregnancy. This was definitely new to me.

I'm praying that it was onset by the large amounts of standing and walking Ken and I did last night while in Greenville. I hope that I can find what triggers it so I can escape it. Otherwise, I have three months of this left. Here's hoping!

Ken can really feel the baby kick now. It's now visible from the outside....I can see my belly bulging and being poked from within....still a weird sensation! I seem to have suddenly blossomed this week into full pregnancy form...it seems as if my tummy poked out ten inches this week alone, and I'm definitely carrying it out in front. I have a "table" for my iced water now, or a place to rest my hands while I relax.

And still no decision yet on names. I actually made the mistake of picking up a names book last night at Barnes & Noble and came up with five more I liked. This could take longer than I thought......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overrated

We've decided

First little scare (blown out of proportion by yours truly)