Kicking...but gently!

The baby's really started kicking, but it's still very subtle right now. I have to sit down and be really still to feel it. I'm sure in no time, though, I'll be having the breath knocked out of me by those forceful thumps! (If this baby's anything like G was, that is.)

Growing by leaps and bounds. Got on the scales this morning, and it said I weigh in at 2 more pounds since my last dr's visit, which makes a total of 7 lbs. Still eating everything in sight, and still eating every 2-3 hours. I feel like I'm eating tons more this time around. Suzanne read me a snippet from a magazine this week that said that mothers carrying boys eat 300 more calories daily than mothers with girls. Hm. Don't know if that's science or fiction. Time will tell.

The aversions I had in early pregnancy are going away, I think. After two weeks of snacking on nothing but Combos, I didn't want them in my presence at all after that. Now, though, they are yummy again. Glad I'm still intensely craving salads....I could eat salads for lunch AND dinner. Finally, I am able to say that I'm craving something healthy! Bring on the summer-fresh produce.

In the new house now, so we've got the nursery underway. It will be Gardner's room for the next month or two, though, so we're split between two rooms as far as where we store toys and clothes. We painted it a pale sage green, lighter than Gardner's original nursery, and it compliments the bedding perfectly. Starting to feel more real....

The ultrasound is this Thursday afternoon....can't wait! I will be watching the screen with half-shut eyes, though, since I'll be fearful of accidently seeing the gender. I've heard that can happen. Thank goodness I'll have a video keepsake to watch later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overrated

We've decided

First little scare (blown out of proportion by yours truly)