Names

So....the journey towards picking out names has begun. Of course, since we're making this baby a surprise at the end gender-wise, we have to have two names ready. I have started scouting the baby name books and websites, only to leave my encounter confused, cross-eyed, and overwhelmed.

Yes, we have a few favorites, yet that doesn't stop me from making sure I cover ALL the bases out there before I commit to anything. Our method is this: I go through and make a list of all the male and female names that strike me. Ken goes through and marks through any which he just outright dislikes. What's left? It's up to us and our conversations to narrow down from there. It worked brilliantly the first time, even though we both knew that Gardner would certainly win. It is working this time, so far, as well.

My morning sickness has made a u-turn and come back to get me, stronger than ever. Just today I had to resort to putting down my perfumes for good until this passes. I am finding that the scent of even my own perfumes makes me heave, and I don't want to not be able to wear them post-pregnancy. I'm sure some of you ladies know what I'm talking about.

Every scent bothers, me though, pretty much.....exhaust fumes, gasoline, fabric softener and detergent, dirty dishes, clean dishes, burnt food, food while cooking, air. The only smell which brings me solace is the smell of a paper pocket of french fries, salty and steamy, set before my eyes. (Yet I have been limiting myself this treat to only once a week or less. It's tough, but I'm sticking to it.)

I feel as if I've hit a plateau growth-wise. I was blooming exponentially for a while, and then, all of a sudden, a brick wall. I'm enjoying it while it lasts, though, while I can still comfortably wear the under-belly styles of pants. I know these days won't be here forever.

And let me just say that I have taken into a love affair with this thing called a body pillow. Oh, man. I've got the flip down....the ability to flip from my left side to my right (and vice versa) without ever letting go of said pillow. It's great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overrated

We've decided

Room for you