Doctor's appointment 02

We went to see Dr. Hearn last Friday for our 2nd OB checkup. I thought I was 12 weeks 2 days along, but it turns out I was off....I was 13 weeks 2 days along. Yay! I have been SO busy with Gardner that I haven't had time to obsess over weeks and days, nor over symptoms. It's so different from the first time (have I said that already!!??).

We were able to hear the heartbeat that day! Strong and lively, 150bpm to be exact. He said that was perfect. I had gained 3 lbs. since my last visit. I was astounded; by this point with Gardner, I'd only gained 1/2 a pound, maybe 1. When I began to freak out, Dr. Hearn laughed and said, "You thin people! You get so overworked by a few measley pounds. You are right on track. Don't worry." He had to tell it to me straight, as Ken put it. :)

My morning sickness is now only showing up about every 3-4 days, thank goodness! I am so glad. It was a long and bumpy road, but I feel that I can finally take it easy and enjoy this 2nd trimester. Now all I'm waiting for is this burst of energy that is supposed to hit. Haven't seen it yet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overrated

We've decided

First little scare (blown out of proportion by yours truly)