Awaiting the first kick

I'm 15 weeks and 1 day today, which means I'm six days away from the day when I first felt Gardner move inside me (thump me, was more like it). I lay still at night, concentrating, hoping I'll feel just a little nudge. Nothing yet, as of last night, but I know that it will happen soon. When it does, it will be a part of my every day until the baby's born...the kicks will grow stronger and stronger and be visible from the outside as well. (So cool....and a great way to freak out people who've never seen it!)

Gone is my morning sickness (YAY!!!!), but some aversions still stick around. That's okay. I can deal with that. My appetite is still about normal; only occasionally will I have a day where I can't get enough to eat and drink.

I have been sleeping SO much better since entering the 2nd trimester. Body pillow helps, yes, but I can tell I'm sleeping deeper than before. I feel better during the day because of it.

Still going through names....we hope to narrow it down soon and pick two. The ultrasound to determine the gender will be at the end of March, but of course, we're not going to find out. :) I hope I don't accidently see something on the screen!

We are moving in less than 30 days, and I've already begun thinking of how to arrange the new nursery. I have been clipping out photos from Pottery Barn catalogues to get ideas on wall hangings, etc. So much to think about!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overrated

We've decided

First little scare (blown out of proportion by yours truly)