Updates

It's been a few days since I've written, and some things have changed already. For one, I am almost entirely in maternity wear now. I was really hoping to stretch out my wear of my regular clothes, and I can wear some jeans thanks to those link-buckle belts....but my normal, non-pregnant shirts and sweaters are typically all tight and just to the waist (the style I like), and so as you can imagine, my belly hangs out between the hem of the top and the top of the pants. Not a very pretty sight, and definitely not "together" looking.

So, I am forced to wear some of my body-hugging maternity tops, some with maternity bottoms and some with my old jeans and sweatpants. Thank goodness for so many clothes being donated from all sides....I had no long-sleeved tops to speak of! I am really grateful for what's been loaned to me.

My morning sickness is still lingering, but it's not as often. For instance, I might feel really sick most of the day one day, and feel almost normal (aside from not wanting most foods) the next. I hope this means it's on its way out (only 1-1/2 more weeks to go till I hit my 2nd trimester).

Another thing which has unfortunately returned is my carpal tunnel syndrome.....although it returned much earlier than I'd expected it to. It's here and in full force. I am not able to write more than a few sentences before my entire wrist has shooting pains and my letters start to become illegible. Typing is a bit easier, but still, my hand falls asleep and aches so I have to take breaks and let my right arm dangle every few minutes. My hands are frequently numb when I wake up, and I also have to take those "arm breaks" while having my hands on the steering wheel in the car. What a nuisance, but still, I'd rather be swelling on the inside (in my joints and ligaments) than on the outside! I really am glad for that, at least.

I keep thinking I feel little "pings" in my belly, maybe thinking it's the baby wiggling around (he or she sure was wiggling in the ultrasound that day!). I didn't feel Gardner move till 16 weeks, and I'm not quite at 11. I am assigning these minuscule tingles as just my imagination for right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overrated

Room for you

First little scare (blown out of proportion by yours truly)