Still growing

The baby's still growing up and out, and all of those maternity clothes I shoved at the back of the closet are suddenly having to be surfaced.

I still think I feel movement every now and then....minuscule flutters and tiny little brush feelings. Who knows. Wishful thinking, perhaps. But then again, I have always been one with freaky body self-awareness. I am one who can literally feel an illness coming on three days beforehand. I listen, look, perceive. It's a hobby, really! (joking)

In all seriousness, I am bound and determined to keep this baby's gender a secret from everyone, especially myself! I think it will be hard to even look at the ultrasound screen in fear that I will see something and ruin this surprise! I think it's great fun to be able to pick out TWO names. I haven't even begun formal looking for names, by the way, in case you're wondering. Two or three names are floating in my and Ken's minds right now, but nothing concrete. I am one of those who has to read them ALL before I can choose one. I almost always go back to my original favorite (like Gardner), but still. It's just the certainty that there's no better name out there that's satisfying above all.

My morning sickness is lifting slowly. Ever so slowly, but it is! I'm mainly bothered now if I smell something, see something, or think about something particularly unappetizing. There's a reason for my nausea now, in other words, instead of just random visits throughout the day. The main thing is not eating often enough OR overeating. Neither one is fun.

Gardner's still lifting my shirt and kissing the baby at random times. My heart never fails to melt, even after all of these episodes. I know he will be the best big brother in the world, hands down. We are praying for that, and it's already evident, even months before he or she arrives to complete our family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overrated

Room for you

First little scare (blown out of proportion by yours truly)