Prisoner

My morning sickness (or rather, most of the day sickness) is beginning to worsen. I am still nowhere near throwing up (thank goodness), but this constant, unending seasickness combined with utter and total exhaustion (which worsens the seasickness) is beginning to take its toll.

I feel like a prisoner in my own home. The thought of packing up and going out makes me so tired to think about it that I often have to lie down to rest after that fleeting thought. Not to mention that going out, with all that it entails (exhaust fumes from the cars in front of me, smells that enter my nostrils when I pass restaurants, and the sheer motion of a moving vehicle), makes my stomach turn in and of itself. I have found that my optimistic notion of "I will feel better if I just get out" is not a true one.

I know that I am a third of the way through this (Lord willing!), and that gives me hope. I know that I won't always feel tied to my house and have these traveling constraints holding me down. (Of course, I'm about to become a mom of both a toddler and a newborn....actually, I'd better get used to being a homebody for a while!!)

To all of the spots in town I used to frequent and miss very much: I'm coming back, I promise! (It kills me to think of all of the clearance shelf bargains I'm missing out on this month!) To all of my friends and family: I miss you, I really do! I know that in due time we'll be hanging out as usual, several times a week or so. In the meantime, you can always come here and we'll make a day or evening of it....though I cannot guarantee my eyelids will permit me to be coherent past the hour of 9 p.m.!

To Ken: Thank you, oh knight in shining armor, for happily suggesting that you temporarily take over the tasks which I simply cannot stomach (namely, grocery shopping). You don't know how much better my life is with you in it....and this is just one of the hundreds of reasons why. And last of all, to Gardner: I apologize that our "big outings" are limited to mainly trips we MUST do to keep the household running as well as walks around the neighborhood. Things will be back to normal in no time at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overrated

Room for you

First little scare (blown out of proportion by yours truly)