Before you are here, you are loved

I had to stop what I was doing at this very moment and tell what just happened.

Ken and I have been trying recently to get Gardner to catch the concept that there is a baby growing in my tummy. He usually just stares blankly whenever we point at and google over my belly, cooing "See? Baby....baby!" over and over.

Tonight, out of the blue, however, Gardner came over to me as I was just sitting still. He timidly lifted up my shirt until he could see my bellybutton. He looked straight at it and said, "....Baby." I could not believe my ears. I pointed and repeated what he'd just said, then I asked, thinking it was a long shot, "Can you give the baby a kiss?" He paused for two seconds, then leaned in and gave my torso the sweetest smack I've ever heard. He sauntered back towards his toys, and my vision became blurry with happy tears.

Does it get much better than this????

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overrated

Room for you

First little scare (blown out of proportion by yours truly)