What's on the Menu?.....Then and Now

Since my cravings and aversions have officially begun, I decided it'd be a great keepsake to write down and take note of all of the things that I craved or was deterred by food-wise with my first pregnancy, and now this one. Funny how the books are right....two pregnancies are more than likely not the same....in fact, they're totally opposite in most cases. So much for predictions and preparedness.

CRAVINGS with FIRST PREGNANCY:
- Anything sweet, namely ice cream
- Corn dogs
- Pancakes, pancakes, pancakes
- Cheese (namely sharp cheddar)
- Chocolate pudding
- Olive Garden's cappellini pomodoro

AVERSIONS with FIRST PREGNANCY:
- All fruit
- Anything with dill in it
- All raw vegetables (especially broccoli....blech!), and most cooked vegetables
- Chicken (all forms, all flavors, all.)

CRAVINGS with CURRENT PREGNANCY:
- Anything salty or sour
- Anything greasy (I know, this is totally out of character for me)....chips, fried foods, pizza
- Peanut M&M's
- Tomato-based soups
- Water (can't get enough!)
- Chicken, especially fried (weird, I know)

AVERSIONS with CURRENT PREGNANCY:
- Most Desserts (except for peanut M&M's and chocolate pudding (again))
- Beef (all kinds, namely ground beef)
- Pork
- Fish
- Fruit (again)
- Crackers
- Most high-fiber health foods (I'm actually shunning AllBran and running for Fruity Pebbles)


What I hope is that this current food list doesn't stick the whole nine months. Otherwise, I may end up gaining more than I want to this time around. (Though I don't know. If I didn't gain too much eating Bruster's ice cream every day from month six through nine the first time around, I'm probably still in good shape.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overrated

We've decided

Room for you