Under the weather

I have been in and out of the bed for two days with a fever, sore throat, and stuffy head and nose. I am limited on what I can take while pregnant, so it has been creativity which has given me things to ease my symptoms....hot showers, herbal bath gels, lots of sleep.

I try not to worry about the baby....I know that my fever would have to go much higher than 99.6 to cause problems. Yet there's always concern when there's a baby involved when you are ill...especially since these next couple of weeks are the most crucial as far as neural and cardiac development go.

I reached my 6 weeks point yesterday. No morning sickness...yet. But the food aversions are definitely there. It is a struggle to find something which my tongue wants to accept willingly. Thank goodness for salty foods....that is what I'm craving this time around!

I have begun thinking of baby names a little this week. Though I haven't run it by Ken, I am really liking the name Samuel for a boy. Girls names are so much harder.....we learned that the first time, too. I have plenty of time, of course, but I like to start early!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overrated

We've decided

First little scare (blown out of proportion by yours truly)